Head of Performance Marketing
As Africa’s leading safari company, Rhino Africa is tasked to provide a community of international clientele with access to a vast collection of luxurious African experiences across our glorious continent. Our devotion to Africa, paired with our unabashed passion for travel and the world of digital marketing, is underpinned by our vision to be the undisputed authority on African travel. 14 years into our journey, we are now seeking our first ever Head of Performance Marketing.
As our Head of Performance, you will play an integral part in the management of our in-house marketing agency, taking responsibility for all paid performance marketing related aspects of our business, namely: PPC/SEM/SEA, affiliate-, programmatic social media and display marketing. As part of Rhino Africa's management team you will align our marketing strategies with other relevant departments, especially our product and sales divisions. You will design, implement and manage marketing concepts for a cohort of luxury brands, markets and languages; simultaneously measuring and improving your campaigns and channels according to specific KPIs.
Your roles and responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Managing one of South Africa’s largest Google Adwords accounts across 5 languages and multiple brands, with the assistance of our digital agency
- Implementing our cutting edge, programmatic social media strategy in close collaboration with our CMO and developing social beyond organic posts and community management
- Owning, managing and monitoring lead- and sale generation all the way to enquiry conversion across all of Rhino Africa's online channels and websites - ensuring positive ROAS/ROI
- Developing, testing and deploying new tools, tactics and automation to increase efficiencies across Rhino Africa's portfolio of websites
- Ensuring the delivery of accurate performance tracking, insights and measurement roadmaps across the business, through our analytics team
- Conceptualizing and implementing digital marketing campaigns in close collaboration with our creative department
- Hiring, managing and developing marketing talent, with support of our outstanding Talent Department
- Encouraging and engaging in knowledge sharing aimed at the continuous advancement of the marketing team
Our ideal Head of Performance Marketing will possess:
- At least a Bachelor's degree in a related field (with communication, marketing, or business majors)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a digital industry or related field, including the management of employees
- A proven track record in hands on implementing and optimizing large campaigns and budgets in PPC/SEM/SEA, Facebook DAT as well as Display Ads
- An analytical and programmatic mindset with a deep understanding of paid channel metrics, performance KPIs, Google Analytics and other BI tools (like Power BI, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Advanced experience with MS Excel and/or Google Sheets
- A decent understanding of the Facebook, adWords, doubleClick stack and other common platforms
- Outstanding leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- An excellent grasp of (and flair for) English. Knowledge of at least one of our other core languages: German, French, Spanish or Portuguese would be highly advantageous!
Please note: Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged South African citizens
At Rhino Africa, you'll get to:
- Join the marketing team of the fastest growing company in travel and help us shape the future of our industry
- Do something that makes an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas
- Kick back in incredible office space in the heart of Cape Town
- Explore Africa - To share our glorious continent with the crash, we offer each of our Rhinos exclusive access to the Roaming Rhinos online travel portal. With the keys to the kingdom you'll unlock travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own MannaBay and Silvan Safari Lodge!