African Travel Writer (Spanish)
Antoni Gaudi, with his distinctive style, molded his ideas into architectural masterpieces. Not that we are bragging, but at Rhino Africa, Africa's leading online travel company, our Spanish wordsmiths are skilled at transforming luxurious safari destinations in Africa into the Casa Vicens of travel writing.
Located in Cape Town, Rhino Africa's in-house Spanish district is home to a family of travel consultants and content writers united under Rhino Africa's common vision - the goal to be the authority on African travel and to share our passion, experience and knowledge with the world.
As the ambition of our vision grows, so too does the size of our Rhino Crash. Now at 200 staff across our two-office Cape Town HQ, we are currently in search for señoritas and señors, with a flair for words as flavoursome as your abuelita’s paella to join our journey as a Spanish Travel Writer. It's a journey built on an unabashed passion for Africa and travel: our ideal candidate will resonate with this feeling, complementing this driving force with an equal passion for the Spanish language and a tenacity for its rules and grammar. As a Spanish Travel Writer at Rhino Africa, our candidate's responsibilities would include (but would not be limited to):
- Creating and editing inspiring Spanish content for various digital marketing platforms, from social media to blogs to our actual websites
- Ensuring consistency of Spanish tone within and across Rhino Africa's umbrella of unique brand identities
- Continually improving the appeal of Rhino Africa's Spanish content through market analysis and strategizing towards the expansion of our Spanish client base
- Acting as the reporting manager, editor and recruiter for Rhino Africa's Spanish writing internship programme
- Developing structures for alignment and process across a multilingual team
We are looking for a native-level Spanish speaker who possesses:
- At least a Bachelors degree (preferably in a field of language/literature/communications)
- A passion for language and literature, with a flawless grasp of spelling and grammar
- Clear creative flair and a knack for inspirational research-based writing
- Full professional fluency in English
Advantageous, but not required, would be:
- 1-2 years of work experience (ideally in a digital content production environment)
- Operational knowledge of Agile methodology and of work on CMS systems
Please note that we can only consider candidates able to relocate to Cape Town at their own cost.
- R16,000 (ZAR) cost to company per month
- Office space in the heart of Cape Town, one of the world’s top destinations
- Competitive salary and 20 days paid vacation
- The Rhino Cafe, offering subsidized freshly ground coffee and gourmet meals
- Uncomplicated flat hierarchies, a culture of open and direct communication and honest feedback
- Friend and family travel discounts