Lodge Spa Therapist
Inspired by the spirit of the trees surrounding it, Silvan Safari Lodge invites guests on a journey of rediscovery where they can connect with the African wilderness, revive their spiritual link to the earth and leave forever transformed by the experience.
Owned and operated by Rhino Africa, Africa’s leading luxury safari company, Silvan Safari is conceptualized to redefine the notion of luxury safari by providing guests with exclusive access to an authentic African bush experience paired with exceptional service.
Silvan's journey began eight years ago when a seed was planted to build a sanctuary in Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Today, this intimate and bespoke offering showcases Africa at its finest in a luxury safari setting. The main lodge, suspended in the indigenous treetops, provides majestic panoramic views of the Manyeleti River. The lodge also hosts its very own spa, encapsulating the epitome of a luxurious safari experience.
To compliment the guest experience journey, we are seeking a qualified Spa Therapist to offer massages and treatments at Silvan Safari Lodge. With a passion for people and a desire to soothe away the stresses of the day, you will leave guests feeling rejuvenated after a long day in the bush or kick-start their morning with an energizing experience.
Your specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing individualised body treatments and massage services
- Suggesting appropriate therapy based on guest medical histories and requests
- Recording and maintaining guest information
- Scheduling appointments and familiarizing yourself with all Silvan spa packages, promotions and rates
- Performing opening & closing procedures, arranging workstations, treatment rooms & drapes
- Maintaining spa & treatment room appearance & cleanliness, according to standard operating procedures
- Assisting with washing and folding of all linens used in treatment rooms
- Monitoring stock levels of oils and creams, ensuring that stock levels are maintained at all times and reporting shortages to management
- Attending all scheduled meetings, classes and training sessions and ensuring that knowledge required within Silvan Spa is passed on to co-workers
- Providing assistance on additional ad-hoc duties, as assigned by management
- Providing assistance with front of house duties for the lodge, as assigned by management
You must possess:
- A formal beauty therapy qualification, specializing in massages, skin care & nail therapy
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a 5 or 4-star hotel spa therapist position or in a premium spa
- Extensive knowledge of treatments, procedures, products, deep meditation & relaxation techniques, and physiology
- Basic computer literacy - at least, the ability to record guest details digitally and accurately
- Additional Beauty Therapy qualifications will be an added advantage
- First Aid Level 1 certificate will be an added advantage
- Elemis & Africology product knowledge is an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged South African candidates
- Silvan Safari Lodge is located in Mpumalanga and distant applicants will be required to relocate at their own expense
- The screening procedure for this role will include an on-site practical assessment
Silvan staff benefits include:
- An all-inclusive package: staff accommodation, 3 meals a day and Silvan workwear provided
- 2 weeks leave for every 6 weeks worked
- Ongoing training programmes and development workshops