German Travel Consultant
Rhino Africa is looking for new German travel consultants to join Africa’s leading online travel company. (That’s us by the way). They also call us the authority on African travel and claim that we're responsible for the most innovative approach to travel since the Wright brothers, but we’ll let the internet debate that. We’d like to invite you to join our family and step into our world. It’s a world where passion comes first and lights the way - a passion for Africa’s wildlife, people and places. We introduce our travelers to the most beautiful places in Africa, and through our success in promoting safari destinations we're able to support conservation projects across the continent. The Rhino Africa HQ, where our consultants make clients' African dreams come true, is spread across two stunning offices in the heart of Cape Town. Here, working with industry leaders, you will find wholehearted support, fantastic travel perks, a wonderful family culture and a love for great parties.
We are currently seeking a new crop of German-speaking Travel Consultants to join Rhino Africa's diverse and talented international sales team in Cape Town, offering immediate vacancies for German speakers of varying experience levels.
At Rhino Africa, Travel Consultants cover a broad range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Acting as the first (and best!) point of contact for international clientele interested in booking tailor-made holidays and safaris on the continent
- Wow-ing existing and potential clients with first-hand knowledge of African properties and destinations
- Preparing attractive quotations and itineraries that complement individual client expectations and budgets
- Effectively actioning the travel booking process at all levels (including booking hotel rooms, car rentals, lodges etc. as per customer confirmation)
- Collecting client payments - ka-ching! - and approving supplier invoices for payment
- Providing customer support before, during and after travel - ensuring that Rhino Africa clients stay Rhino Africa clients
- Meeting and exceeding monthly and quarterly sales targets set by Rhino Africa's Sales Managers
We are looking for native-level German speakers who fit any one of the following 3 profiles:
Senior Travel Consultants:
Applicants for Rhino Africa's Senior German vacancies must possess:
- 5 or more years of experience in a sales role for an African inbound tour operator
- In-depth knowledge of Southern and East African safari/luxury holiday destinations, including South Africa and surrounding destinations in Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, etc
- Equivalent knowledge of further regions of East Africa, Madagascar, Tanzania and Kenya
Intermediate Travel Consultants:
Applicants for Rhino Africa's Intermediate German vacancies must possess:
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales role for an African inbound tour operator
- In-depth knowledge of Southern African safari/luxury holiday destinations, including South Africa and surrounding destinations in Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, etc
Junior Travel Consultants:
Successful applicants for Rhino Africa's Junior Consultant vacancies will be entered into the new "Rhino Academy" where basic safari sales and destination knowledge will be taught. For this reason, any client-facing experience within the travel/hospitality industries will be considered positive factor(s) in applications. Sales and/or marketing experience in a non-travel environment will also be favourably considered.
Strong preference for Junior German vacancies will be given to candidates already in possession of South African working Visas.
All Junior applicants must display the following in their applications and/or cover letters:
- A strong motivation to move into an incentive-driven sales role
- An inspiring passion for Africa and travel
- The ability to communicate clearly, with a strong attention to detail
We can give you not one, not two, but thirteen reasons you should join Rhino Africa today: http://bit.ly/2loTlxS