Portuguese Travel Consultant
Rhino Africa is looking for a new wave of Portuguese Travel Consultants to join Africa’s leading online travel company. (That’s us by the way). They also call us the authority on African travel and claim that we're responsible for the most innovative approach to travel since the Wright brothers, but we’ll let the internet debate that. We’d like to invite you to join our family and step into our world. It’s a world where passion comes first and lights the way - a passion for Africa’s wildlife, people and places. We introduce our travelers to the most beautiful places in Africa, and through our success in promoting safari destinations we're able to support conservation projects across the continent. The Rhino Africa HQ, where our consultants make clients' African dreams come true, is located in the urban jungle of Woodstock. Here, working with industry leaders, you will find wholehearted support, fantastic travel perks, a wonderful family culture and a love for great parties.
Check out our latest spotlight article on our dream weavers and magic makers - our incredible Travel Consultants!
We are currently seeking a new crop of Travel Consultants to join Rhino Africa's diverse and talented international sales team in Cape Town, offering immediate in-house vacancies for Portuguese-speaking travel industry prodigies.
At Rhino Africa, Travel Consultants cover a broad range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Acting as the first (and best!) point of contact for international clientele interested in booking tailor-made holidays and safaris on the continent
- Wow-ing existing and potential clients with first-hand knowledge of African properties and destinations
- Preparing attractive quotations and itineraries that complement individual client expectations and budgets
- Effectively actioning the travel booking process at all levels (including booking hotel rooms, car rentals, lodges etc. as per customer confirmation)
- Collecting client payments - ka-ching! - and approving supplier invoices for payment
- Providing customer support before, during and after travel - ensuring that Rhino Africa clients stay Rhino Africa clients
- Meeting and exceeding monthly and quarterly sales targets set by Rhino Africa's Sales Managers
Successful applicants will be entered into the new "Rhino Academy" where basic safari sales and destination knowledge will be taught. For this reason, any client-facing experience within the travel/hospitality industries will be considered positive factor(s) in applications. Sales and/or marketing experience in a non-travel environment will also be favourably considered.
All applicants must possess native-level fluency in Portuguese and display the following, in writing, in their applications and/or cover letters:
- A strong motivation to move into an incentive-driven sales role
- An inspiring passion for Africa and travel
- The ability to communicate clearly in Portuguese and English, with a strong attention to detail
At Rhino Africa, you will:
- Join the fastest growing company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, commission, pension and 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas
- Kick back in our incredible, tailor-made HQ in the heart of Cape Town
- Make the most of exclusive access to our employee online travel portal - Roaming Rhinos. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport, and accommodation, including our own MannaBay and Silvan Safari Lodge!
If that doesn't convince you, we can give you not only six, but thirteen reasons you should join Rhino Africa today: http://bit.ly/2loTlxS