Contracts Administration Internship
At Rhino Africa, our vision is not only to be the authority on African travel and to share our passion, experience, and knowledge with the world... Our vision also includes the shameless promotion of this magnificent content. Whether it is through our guests, our Rhino Africa crash, or our CSR initiatives, Rhino Africa aims to provide value through business intelligence (BI) that will in turn give Africa a chance to prosper through tourism. Our Product department, built on the foundations of our BI, is the undisputed industry leader: it is through the 2 000 unique supplier relationships forged via Product that we have come to service more than 15 000 clients each year, filling 100 000 bednights across the continent.
Now, having been named “Africa’s Leading Safari Company” by the World Travel Awards for four years in a row, Rhino Africa is ready to expand its Product department, making new room for a Contracts Administration Intern.
We are on the lookout for a candidate who is ready and able to contribute to our Product BI by taking charge of the administration of partner and supplier contracts. In practice, that means determining the margin of profitability within contractual agreements, keeping track of markup and commission percentages, and capturing, updating and calculating daily rates for our separate suppliers. The role will be highly numerical, and will require a analytical, independent candidate with the ability to zone in on his/her work, approaching given tasks with numbers prowess, a great work ethic, a good eye for detail, and an obsession with accuracy.
The role of the Contracts Administration Intern will include, but will not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Capturing, updating and calculating supplier rates on a daily basis
- Working with our Sales team to resolve contract-related challenges in daily operations
- Ensuring that profitability, markup and commission percentages are interpreted correctly with regard to supplier performance within specfic contractual agreements
- Performing further rates-related ad-hoc projects geared towards competitor analysis and other related objective
- A Bachelors degree or an equivalent diploma in Tourism, Accounting or a related field
- Some experience in the travel industry will be a big plus
- A love for numbers and a proficiency for the organization of data
- Basic knowledge of Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- A sense of responsibility for the organization of your own work and time
- A proactive, detail-oriented, analytical and tenacious approach
Please note that only previously disadvantaged South African candidates (PDIs) will be considered for this position.
- THE RHINO CAFE: Whether it’s the life-giving cappuccinos or sinfully satisfying meals, the chefs at Rhino Café are on hand to give you the fuel injection you need to keep going. Grab a bite to eat, drop in for a chat, or simply pass through to catch a glimpse of the latest game.
- COMPENSATION: We don’t ask our Rhinos to work for free! Every intern receives a salary of R3,000 per month.
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: We’re constantly evolving, which means that there are always new positions opening up.
- DIVERSE CULTURE: Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING: We understand the importance of our team members establishing themselves as leaders in their own right. We ensure that interns leave our offices with invaluable skills that will help them continue on their own paths to success.
- DIRECT MENTORSHIP: Every intern is assigned a mentor to guide them through the program. This mentor will lead individual workshops designed to develop your skills and knowledge. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.
- ONLINE DEVELOPMENT COURSES: Online courses with Lynda.com will be offered to help our interns develop the precise range of skills they wish to focus on.