Here at Rhino Africa, our executive team acts as the end point of contact for more than 200 staff, 2000 suppliers and 15000 clients each year. The architects and curators of Rhino Africa's guiding vision, our portfolio of luxury properties and our 5 conservation and education initiatives across the continent, our leadership team's unmatched passion and business savvy have seen Rhino Africa recognized as "Africa's Leading Luxury Safari Company" for the last 5 years in a row.
Now 13 years into Rhino Africa's journey from a one-man kitchen table start-up to the pinnacle of the African travel industry, the time has come to get our execs some help! To provide our intrepid leaders the support they need to keep Rhino Africa ten steps ahead of the "crash" (if we're speaking in rhino terms), we are in the process of building a crack project management team intended to service, exclusively, Rhino Africa's co-CEOs and CFO.
Our executives are responsible for all daily operations related to Rhino Africa's tour operating business as well as our property development wing. Reporting lines include an in-house web development agency, a digital marketing consultancy, a product management division, a business intelligence department, finance team, HR office, two NGOs, and, of course, 2 floors of Africa's best travel consultants!
Between looking after operations and maintaining a strategic focus, our CEOs and CFO are in need of an Executive Assistant who can assist with their day-to-day tasks: a responsible, self-starting go-getter who can think ahead and anticipate what is and isn't relevant to their roles as the leaders of Africa's leading luxury safari company. As such, our ideal Executive Assistant is a candidate with impeccable communication skills and a meticulous eye for detail, with an excellent understanding of business and the business environment.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Executive Assistant will cover four broad categories: communication, research, planning and organizing. Acting as a key cross-departmental figure, the Executive Assistant's duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of, and in place of, the executive team; ensuring clarity and mutual understanding with all parties involved
- Offering well thought out ideas and suggestions on improvement of workflows and processes that our executives are involved in
- Learning the intricacies of our industry and the vision and mission of our business; using business acumen and numerical nous to keep up with strategic developments in high-level operations
- Conducting research and compiling reports, meeting minutes and presentations; taking control of end-to-end processes entirely to produce informative and useful outcomes
- Planning and keeping track of agendas and calendars; as well as any projects, timelines and schedules affecting these
- Engaging in gatekeeping and task management, including referral of responsibilities on to appropriate parties and project management to the extent of ensuring followup and success of deliverables
We are looking for an energetic and personable assistant with a sense of humor and a strong backbone, as well as:
- A qualification in Business, Social Science or a related field
- At least 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a similar (if not identical) position
- A strong sense of personal discretion and accountability
- A detail-oriented nature and a clear penchant for organization and administration
- Excellent communication skills
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Flexibility in terms of time and place (working with an Executive is rarely a 9-5 job)
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals (PDIs). Please note that we can only consider applications from South African citizens.
As the Executive Assistant, you will enter the business at executive level, offering you the opportunity to gain insight and experience in every department that comprises an industry leader. From Digital Marketing to Web Development and Finance, you will have the chance to work with, and learn from, the best.
There’s also a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Work for a company that celebrates Africa’s people, places and wildlife
- Be able to call on a diverse and talented team for assistance with any of your work-related needs
- Carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town, the world's most beautiful city
- Get subsidized meals, coffees (and anything inbetween) from our own chefs and baristas at the Rhino Cafe
- Earn a competitive salary and accrue 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Offer travel discounts to Africa's most luxurious destinations to your family and friends
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback