Cinematography Internship at Rhino Africa
Rhino Africa is taking the world by force as the leading provider for safari destinations across the African continent. We seek to inspire life through travel and, as such, we are on the lookout for a fresh, young, talented Video Editor/Cinematographer to join our ‘RAD’ Rhino Africa Digital team and capture the essence of mother nature as she presents herself in true African style.
Working in a small but diverse team of creatives and adventurers, spearheaded by the Creative Director, Ryan Rapaport, you will be tasked with presenting our passion, visually, for the world to see. Our Video Editing & Cinematography Internships will see our candidates having premium access to advanced editing software and utilising all creative channels to produce beautiful and enticing videos. If you don't believe us, check out this magnificent video that broke the internet by generating over 2 million views on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2w2d5OE
As a Video Editing/Cinematography Intern, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Capturing and assisting senior cinematographers with their duties, using drones and high-end visual media equipment
- Editing and retouching video content using advanced creative and editing software; this will include 360-degree video
- Quality control: finalising individual and team projects
- Shooting and directing our smaller video series (Travel Tips)
- Maintaining and organizing gear/photographic equipment
Our ideal candidate will:
- Hold or be pursuing a degree/diploma in Cinematography, Film, Editing or similar
- Be proficient in Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop. A solid understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe After Effects experience will be highly advantageous
- Have an interest in cinematography/editing as a career
- Be willing to learn and be placed out of their comfort zone
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a creative process that flourishes under pressure
Please note that preference will always be given to previously disadvantaged South African candidates (PDIs).
Please note that your application must include a link to your portfolio, showreel, or a similar display of your video editing work. A slot for this link is provided in the application form.
- THE RHINO CAFE: Whether it’s the life-giving cappuccinos or sinfully satisfying meals, the chefs at Rhino Café are on hand to give you the fuel injection you need to keep going. Grab a bite to eat, drop in for a chat, or simply pass through to catch a glimpse of the latest game.
- COMPENSATION: We don’t ask our Rhinos to work for free! Every intern receives a salary of R3,000 per month.
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: We’re constantly evolving, which means that there are always new positions opening up.
- DIVERSE CULTURE: Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING: We understand the importance of our team members establishing themselves as leaders in their own right. We ensure that interns leave our offices with invaluable skills that will help them continue on their own paths to success.
- DIRECT MENTORSHIP: Every intern is assigned a mentor to guide them through the program. This mentor will lead individual workshops designed to develop your skills and knowledge. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.