Travel Industry Internships at Rhino Africa
Rhino Africa was founded on a passion for the people, wildlife and landscapes of Africa. For over a decade, we have been tailor-making luxury safari experiences for our guests from all over the globe. Rhino Africa was an early adopter of the online travel boom and we’ve continued to embrace innovation as a key ethos. We pride ourselves on our digital skills and place ourselves at the hot spot where travel and tech meet. Each year, working with 2,000 partners and suppliers, we service over 15,000 clients and fill 100,000 bednights, aiming to be the authority on African travel. It is our vision to share our passion, experience and knowledge with the world.
To share this passion with you, we have created the unique Rhino Africa Travel Industry Internships. These programs have been designed to inject fresh perspectives, new ideas and youthful energy into our ever-evolving workplace, while simultaneously helping our interns to develop their own skills and understanding of our dynamic industry.
Travel industry internships are available in both of the roles listed below:
- Arranging final travel documentation for customers based on the unique tailor-made packages sold by Rhino Africa
- Ensuring that the itinerary information is concise, clear and logical, so customers can enjoy a seamless travel experience
- Working closely with our sales team, utilising a keen eye for detail, to ensure the Rhino-standard of quality is upheld and displayed in all documentation
- Capturing documentation and files into our operating systems
- Designing travel itineraries in an eye-capturing way that is enticing to our customers
- Capturing, updating and calculating supplier rates on a daily basis
- Working with our Sales team to resolve contract-related challenges in daily operations
- Ensuring that profitability, markup and commission percentages are interpreted correctly with regard to supplier performance within specific contractual agreements
- Performing further rates-related ad-hoc projects geared towards competitor analysis and other related objectives
- A Bachelors degree or an equivalent diploma in Tourism, Accounting or a related field
- Basic knowledge of Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- A sense of responsibility for the organization of your own work and time
- A proactive, detail-oriented, analytical and tenacious approach to work
- Any experience in the travel industry would be a big plus
Contracts administration applicants should also possess:
- A love for numbers and a proficiency for the organization of data
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
Please note that preference will always be given to previously disadvantaged South African candidates (PDIs).
- THE RHINO CAFE: Whether it’s the life-giving cappuccinos or sinfully satisfying meals, the chefs at Rhino Café are on hand to give you the fuel injection you need to keep going. Grab a bite to eat, drop in for a chat, or simply pass through to catch a glimpse of the latest game.
- COMPENSATION: We don’t ask our Rhinos to work for free! Every intern receives a salary of R3,000 per month.
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: We’re constantly evolving, which means that there are always new positions opening up.
- DIVERSE CULTURE: Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING: We understand the importance of our team members establishing themselves as leaders in their own right. We ensure that interns leave our offices with invaluable skills that will help them continue on their own paths to success.
- DIRECT MENTORSHIP: Every intern is assigned a mentor to guide them through the program. This mentor will lead individual workshops designed to develop your skills and knowledge. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.