Junior SEO Specialist
Located in the urban jungle of Woodstock, Rhino Africa, the leading safari company in Africa has grown into a 'Crash' of more than 200 people, with a luxury portfolio of South African properties, and our very own in-house web development and digital marketing agencies. Our collection of the world's best travel consultants operate daily in English, German, French, Spanish and Portuguese, tailor-making continental safari vacations for more than 15,000 clients each year. In order to spread the word, in all languages, our digital marketing and SEO aficionados that make up our award-winning marketing agency, shamelessly promote the majestic landscapes and inspiring people of Africa.
Now, we are out to find our newest member of the Crash - a Junior SEO Specialist who will join our in-house marketing agency, Rhino Africa Digital (RAD). Our ideal keyword connoisseur will be passionate about all things SEO, have a knack for connecting creativity with analytics, and see themselves as a digital fundi. At Rhino Africa, the Junior SEO Specialist will play an integral part in maintaining and enhancing our websites and our SEO and content strategies.
Working closely with the Marketing Department and the Web Development Team, your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Assisting our SEO manager with planning integrated SEO strategies
- Planning and executing SEO campaigns for international markets, including (but not limited to) opportunity analysis, campaign planning, website audits, on-page, and off-page optimisation and management
- Providing tactical SEO recommendations for new feature launches, website updates, and international expansion
- Conducting detailed keyword research to optimise existing website content and uncover new opportunities
- Monitoring and reporting on SEO performance on a weekly/monthly basis and updating weekly/monthly SEO dashboards
- Planning and implementing tactics for Rhino Africa's backlink strategy
- Conducting regular website health checks and fix errors in a timely manner
- Conceptualising and executing content for the Rhino Africa and its portfolio of websites
- Conducting market analysis and research projects that will increase the performance of SEO efforts
- Working closely with our in-house tech (UX, Front End), digital operations, product, social media, SEM and analytic teams to improve SEO performance
- Conceptualising SEO topics for our blogs and occasionally writing content
- Mentoring and training new SEO interns
Check out the spotlight article on our SEO Manager for insight into the life of an SEO Specialist at Rhino Africa!
As our Junior SEO Specialist, you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT, marketing or a related field
- 1+ years previous SEO experience with proven results working in-house or in an agency environment
- Personal confidence, passion for your craft and a strong sense of self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Working knowledge of technical SEO techniques and best practices
- Experience using industry tools (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google My Business, Ahrefs/MOZ/Raven/Majestic/SEMRush, Screaming Frog)
- To be knowledgeable about the evolution of search engines algorithms and their impact on the practical off-site actions.
- Experience using CMS platforms such as WordPress, Django, Pimcore or similar
- A proven ability to communicate complex SEO strategies to a wide range of stakeholders
- To be Google Analytics certified
The following would be advantageous, but is not required:
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and/or Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge of Schema.org
Please note: We can only consider applications from historically disadvantaged South African citizens.
At Rhino Africa, you will:
● Join the fastest growing company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry
● Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry
● Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year
● Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas
● Kick back in our incredible, tailor-made HQ in the heart of Cape Town
● Make the most of exclusive access to our employee online travel portal - Roaming Rhinos. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport, and accommodation, including our own MannaBay and Silvan Safari Lodge!