English Digital Marketing Internship
With its headquarters situated in the heart of bustling Cape Town, Rhino Africa is more than just the leading safari company in Africa (four years running!). With a portfolio of properties across the continent and as the winners of a distinguished African Excellence Award for our 2020 Vision, Rhino Africa is a company that has the spirit of a start up, but with the marketing expertise of an acclaimed ad agency. Our drive to be the best in the business is motivated by our vision to make a positive impact through our various CSR intiatives.
From our humble beginnings, with under 10 employees in 2004, we have grown into a quirky mixture of over 200 entrepreneurs, tech boffins, ex-Google professionals and the most promising graduates from all across the globe - our “Rhino Crash” - as we like to call them. This melting pot of talent, where interaction and collaboration is encouraged, allows our interns to flourish and reach their full potential.
To showcase our beautiful continent to the world, while simultaneously creating an environment focused on life-long learning, we have created the unique Rhino Africa Digital Marketing internships. These internships are designed to grant bright young marketing enthusiasts, who share our passion for travel and all things Africa, the opportunity to learn from the leaders in the field and upskill themselves. At Rhino Africa, training and development is one of our core pillars. We are constantly learning and developing to keep up with the dynamic world of marketing, so all interns attend regular workshops and certification programs.
Click here to get a small taste of what our interns get up to on a day to day basis!
Whether you’re a hashtag fundi or a creative whiz, we have the perfect internship for you, offering opportunities to English speakers in specialized roles in Digital Marketing and SEO. Our digital marketers and SEO specialists take a scientific yet creative approach to performance marketing. They participate in various workshops and certification programmes including:
Intro to Online Marketing; Social Media in International Markets; SEO Basics and International SEO; Excel for Beginners; Google Analytics; Photoshop Essentials Training; Branding Fundamentals; How Online Analytics Work; Writing for the Web; Introduction to Competitive Analysis; Introduction to Google Search Console; Introduction to Moz; HTML and CSS Basics
So, if analysing market trends or working on campaigns with leading brands such as Lindt and SWAROVSKI OPTIK sounds like your sort of thing, this is the role for you! Head on over to our @RhinoAfrica_Life Instagram page for a sneak peek of our Rhinos at work.
Please follow this link to view the full list of responsibilities for each of our internships.
This is all it takes to roll with the Rhinos:
- Hold (or be pursuing) a degree in any field that renders you the ideal candidate - we believe in strength in diversity
- Show us the desire to grow and develop within a multimedia/digital marketing-related career - we seek to inspire
- Strong computer literacy - we're a digital company, so everything is on the net
- Possess the gift of the gab - we're all about excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player who is not afraid to pass the ball - collaboration is one of our core values
- Be willing and able to relocate to Cape Town if you are not here already - it's only the world's most beautiful city #justsaying
This position is available from April 2018. Preference will be given to candidates able to start in April 2018.
Please follow this link to view the full list of requirements for each of our internships.
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights:
- CAPE TOWN: Carry out your craft in gorgeous offices located in the heart of Cape Town, the world's most beautiful city. Pristine beaches and world-famous hikes are just 15 minutes away from our HQ, so be sure to pack your bathing suit and hiking boots!
- COMPENSATION: To ensure we attract only the best of the best, we offer each intern a stipend of R5,000 per month, along with a monthly voucher, worth R250, to use at our in-house Rhino Cafe.
- THE RHINO CAFE: Rhino Africa is proud to have our own in-house Cafe, which rivals any foodie spot on the streets of Europe! Interns receive monthly vouchers to enjoy hearty meals, delicious coffees and sweet treats from our own master chefs and expert baristas. The Cafe is a place to mingle and relax with your colleagues, and even learn some foreign slang.
- THE TRACKER PROGRAM: At Rhino Africa you’re not just another lost animal in the wild! We assign each new intern a ‘tracker’ to guide them through the jungle, introduce them to their fellow Rhinos and our unique family culture.
- INDUSTRY EXPERTS AND MENTORS: Work under visionary leaders who encourage open and direct communication and honest feedback.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Use your marketing expertise to develop content which has a positive impact on Africa’s wildlife and people. For more than a decade, Rhino Africa has identified champions and backed their causes by providing coaching, mentorship, financial aid and infrastructural aid.
- TAKE OWNERSHIP: Have freedom within and ownership of your work, with the support and guidance of your dedicated mentor. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.
- DIVERSE CULTURE: Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events, while getting to know their colleagues from all around the world.