Sales Operations Support Distributor
As Africa's leading safari company, winners of the African Excellence Award and with a portfolio of properties across our glorious continent, Rhino Africa prides itself on being pioneers in the travel and the tech spheres. Spearheaded by our COO, Rhino Africa’s Sales Department is a close-knit, multi-national team of intrepid Travel Consultants and savvy Sales Administrators. To continue to inspire through innovation and achieve our vision: to be the undisputed authority on African travel, we require the expertise of a skilled Senior Sales Operations Support Distributor to head up our new Sales Lead Team.
The Sales Lead Team plays a critical function within Rhino Africa, connecting client leads efficiently and effectively to our consultants. We’re seeking a goal-oriented born leader with impeccable attention to detail and unimpeachable judgement to ensure quality checks are developed and consistently executed to enhance conversion rates and exceed targets. With 2 - 3 years of experience within a tour operating or travel sales background, our ideal Senior Sales Operations Support Distributor will share our passion for travel and all things African and strive for service excellence.
As the Senior Sales Operations Support Distributor, your primary responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Screening all phone calls and emails and processing them accordingly
- Capturing data and analysing it prior to distribution
- Resolving issues professionally with client and supplier
- Monitoring and responding to client reviews on all review platforms
- Flagging & pre-qualifying enquiries based on a predefined criteria from a variety of sources with minimum turnaround time
- Allocating leads to consultants according to agreed matrix: including capacity, destination knowledge and other defined criteria
- Monitoring and following up on enquiries within the consultant teams based on allocation criteria
- Engaging directly with prospective clients to gather additional information, complete all pre-qualification questions, offer call back or immediate consultant connection as well as ensuring excellent communication both pre and post travel from client
- Monitoring and engaging with clients on direct enquiry channels via online chat and telephone
- Developing templates, packages/sellable products as responses for enquiries not meeting quality criteria for distribution
- Reporting on the performance of the Lead Team, Sales Team, suppliers and the overall business
- Monitoring critical KPIs and strategic goals, including preferred supplier relationships and override agreements
- Identifying growth opportunities, knowledge gaps and designing personal development plans for the Sales and Lead Team
- Reviewing sales communications to ensure compliance with brand tone and client-centric approach.
- Monitoring and enforcing best practices: including sales tools (discounts, specials etc) during the quotation process.
- Supervising and ensuring fulfillment of administrative tasks: deposits, supplier payments, ad-hoc reporting, communication & content production and trade shows
- Monitoring allocation usage, provisional bookings held within our allocation partners and releases
- Preparing weekly Sales Team meetings, including setting agendas and collating data
Our ideal Senior Sales Operations Support Distributor will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in the fields of Management Travel and tourism, Business or Communications
- 2-3 years of experience managing a team
- Experience within a tour operating or travel sales environment is a bonus
- The willingness to work flexible hours/shifts with changing working days/times
- The ability to work remotely, within the extended shift working hours
- A proficiency for data analysis and operational metrics
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills (fluency in German, French, Portuguese or Spanish is a bonus!)
- An achievement oriented attitude with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and a highly reliable nature
Please note: Only previously disadvantaged South African candidates (PDIs) can be considered.
At Rhino Africa, you will:
● Join the fastest growing company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry
● Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry
● Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year
● Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas
● Kick back in our incredible, tailor-made HQ in the heart of Cape Town
● Make the most of exclusive access to our employee online travel portal - Roaming Rhinos. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own Manna Bay and Silvan Safari Lodge!