IT Help Desk Administrator
As Africa’s Leading Safari Company, winners of the African Excellence Award and with a portfolio of properties across the continent, Rhino Africa prides itself on being at the forefront of where technology and travel meet. Spearheaded by our Infrastructure Manager, Rhino Africa’s 3-person 'IT crowd' is on the hunt for a fresh IT-graduate or a self-starter looking to learn and grow in the tech field and ask the important questions, like "Have you tried turning it off and on again?".
We're searching for someone with the "IT" factor (see what I did there?). A tech-savvy IT Help Desk Administrator, with the gift of the gab, to provide fast and useful technical assistance to end users. Our ideal, customer-oriented Help Desk Admin will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. Armoured with strong technical knowledge and patience to match, the new addition to our IT crew should possess excellent communication skills and the ability to understand problems and explain their solutions efficiently.
The role will cover a broad range of responsibilities which will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Serving as the first point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance over the phone, via email or face-to-face
- Managing our help desk support process and walking end users through the problem-solving process
- Overseeing the workflow of all issues logged with our IT team through our help desk support system
- Assigning all logged issues to the adequate support teams and escalating unresolved issues to the next level of support
- Recording events, problems and their resolutions in logs
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solutions, based on the issues and details provided by end users
- Following-up and updating customers on issues that are not resolved in a timely manner
- Passing on any feedback or suggestions by end users to the appropriate internal teams
- Identifying and suggesting possible improvements on procedures and IT policies
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Experience with Microsoft Office and the Google Suite
- A track-record of performing remote troubleshooting using desktop applications
- The ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Strong written and verbal proficiency in English
- Excellent communication and rapport-building skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered is a must!
The following will be advantageous, but is not required:
- A Degree or Diploma in IT, Computer Science or another relevant field of study
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or in a customer support role
Please note that we can only consider applications from previously disadvantaged South African citizens.
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us you would:
- Join the IT team in the fastest growing company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, 3% pension fund and 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas
- Kick back in incredible office space in the heart of Cape Town
- Make the most of travel deals for yourself, your family and your friends. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport and accommodation, including our own MannaBay and Silvan Safari Lodge!
Check out @RhinoAfrica_Life for some behind-the-scenes footage of the Rhino Crash at work (and play)!