Business Analyst Internship
Rhino Africa - Africa's leading online travel company - is offering you the opportunity to peer into the Matrix that is Digital Marketing. We are seeking a full-time Business Analyst Intern to join our Marketing team. The ideal candidate is a recent graduate with an analytical mind, a passion for numbers and a proactive inclination, who is a natural problem-solver and a wizard with MS Excel. You'll be working alongside our Senior Business Analyst and resident Jedi Master, handling complex data issues, diagnosing general business requirements and ensuring that all business reporting needs are met.
As a Business Analyst Intern in our Digital Marketing team, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Getting into the nitty gritty of our social media and SEO dashboards - handcrafted analytic tools intended to reflect the performance of Rhino Africa's online channels
- Researching and testing marketing tools that have the potential to increase innovation and fulfill Rhino Africa's business needs
- Working closely with our Business Analyst to master the arts of data acquisition and report construction in a tech-driven environment
- Working hand in hand with departments like our Business Intelligence division to ensure the quality and availability of all forms of data
- Facilitating support processes and working towards issue resolution with any business stakeholders who are reliant on your insights
- A Degree or equivalent diploma in Commerce, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or another relevant field of study
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, specifically with knowledge of formulas
- A strong analytical orientation and an affinity for numbers
- Phenomenal problem-solving skills, fantastic organizational skills and out of the box thinking
- Proficiency in the organization of large amounts of data
Knowledge of the following will be advantageous:
- Google Analytics
- Conversion Rate Optimization tools
- Database structuring and SQL programming
- Pivot tables
Please note that first preference for this position will be given to South African PDI candidates.
This position is available for a minimum duration of 4 months, however interns are granted the opportunity to progressively enhance their skills and thus benefit more if they are available for a longer duration.
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights:
- CAPE TOWN: Carry out your craft in gorgeous offices located in the heart of Cape Town, the world's most beautiful city. Pristine beaches and world-famous hikes are just 15 minutes away from our HQ, so be sure to pack your bathing suit and hiking boots!
- COMPENSATION: To ensure we attract only the best of the best, we offer each intern a stipend of R5,000 per month, along with a monthly voucher, worth R250, to use at our in-house Rhino Cafe.
- THE RHINO CAFE: Rhino Africa is proud to have our own in-house Cafe, which rivals any foodie spot on the streets of Europe! Interns receive monthly vouchers to enjoy hearty meals, delicious coffees and sweet treats from our own master chefs and expert baristas. The Cafe is a place to mingle and relax with your colleagues, and even learn some foreign slang.
- THE TRACKER PROGRAM: At Rhino Africa you’re not just another lost animal in the wild! We assign each new intern a ‘tracker’ to guide them through the jungle, introduce them to their fellow Rhinos and our unique family culture.
- INDUSTRY EXPERTS AND MENTORS: Work under visionary leaders who encourage open and direct communication and honest feedback.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Use your marketing expertise to develop content which has a positive impact on Africa’s wildlife and people. For more than a decade, Rhino Africa has identified champions and backed their causes by providing coaching, mentorship, financial aid and infrastructural aid.
- TAKE OWNERSHIP: Have freedom within and ownership of your work, with the support and guidance of your dedicated mentor. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.
- DIVERSE CULTURE: Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events, while getting to know their colleagues from all around the world.