Web Development Internship at Rhino Africa
As Africa's leading online travel company (it's true - we've been recognized by the World Travel Awards for four years in a row!), the beating heart of Rhino Africa lies within our famous "Rhino Labs": an in-house web development agency that ensures our engagement with potential travelers in over 30 countries across the world, who browse our websites and find the inspiration to journey to our continent through desktop, mobile, tablet and everything inbetween. Try our sites for yourself and see if you don't get the travel bug:
Now, the Rhino Labs are proud to announce the launch of their first ever Web Development Internship program, offering one lucky candidate the chance to spend 4-6 months at work with a team of developers and designers built from the best minds in Europe, South America, South Africa and more. See what it's like to work at Rhino Africa here: http://bit.ly/2t1ai6K
The new Web Development Internship at Rhino Africa is built for a candidate with basic knowledge and understanding of HTML/CSS, or at least a concrete interest in the languages, who would like to build on these skills and see them put to use in a cutting edge international environment. The internship will provide the opportunity to learn (at minimum) JS and Django through practical day-to-day work in growth optimization for Rhino Africa's websites, including the experience of being part of a full feedback loop: you will get to watch users from all over the planet interact with your code.
In short, as a Web Development intern at Rhino Africa, you will be directly involved in:
- Building websites and UIs that tens of thousands of people will use, and (ideally) understand!
- Experiment-based, test-driven and data-informed development
- CRO (conversion rate optimization) in an agile environment
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have completed (or be pursuing) further education in a field of Computer Science or Information Systems, either online or at a tertiary institution. Alternatively, some industry experience would be beneficial
- Possess a basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Be hungry to practice and expand on these skills, and to learn JS & Django in a dynamic working environment
- Have an interest in web development as a career
- Pride themselves on a curious, data-driven, process-oriented and analytical approach to work (and life!)
Please note that only South African candidates can be considered for this position, and that strict preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals (PDIs).
- THE RHINO CAFE: Whether it’s the life-giving cappuccinos or sinfully satisfying meals, the chefs at Rhino Café are on hand to give you the fuel injection you need to keep going. Grab a bite to eat, drop in for a chat, or simply pass through to catch a glimpse of the latest game.
- COMPENSATION: We don’t ask our Rhinos to work for free! Every intern receives a salary of R3,000 per month.
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: We’re constantly evolving, which means that there are always new positions opening up.
- DIVERSE CULTURE: Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING: We understand the importance of our team members establishing themselves as leaders in their own right. We ensure that interns leave our offices with invaluable skills that will help them continue on their own paths to success.
- DIRECT MENTORSHIP: Every intern is assigned a mentor to guide them through the program. This mentor will lead individual workshops designed to develop your skills and knowledge. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.