Full-Stack PHP Engineer
Rhino Africa is Africa’s leading online travel company. From our incredible offices in Cape Town, we promote safari and wildlife destinations across Africa. We share an incredible passion for the world of travel and everything digital and are excited to share our passion with you! Check out our tech stack here: http://bit.ly/2mmFQQK
We are seeking a full-time Full-Stack PHP Engineer with a strong interest in e-commerce to help develop our systems. As an ideal candidate you should have at least 3 years of experience in developing object-oriented PHP applications.
As part of our development team you will work at the intersection of technology, marketing and business intelligence. Your key duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited, to the following:
- Playing a key role in the development of new technologies. This will involve analysis of business solution requirements and providing advice on technical issues and faults.
- Producing well-structured programs/designs which comply with documented coding standards and meet the documented specifications and testing strategies.
- Researching and evaluating software and hardware to assist in programming, or to use as program platforms.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field/equivalent diploma
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record
- Excellent knowledge of PHP5 (Java knowledge is a plus)
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL (MSSQL knowledge is a plus)
- Good understanding of OO concepts
- Experience with at least one PHP MVC framework is required (we use Laravel)
- Experience with API-driven systems, designing and building RESTful services (knowledge of microservices is a plus)
- Experience with GIT version-control
Beneficial skills would include:
- A good understanding of front-end technologies
- Experience in Python and Django
- Experience with Linux servers (Debian-based)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with DevOps frameworks
Preference will be given to South African previously disadvantaged individuals (PDIs).
- See what it's like to work at Rhino Africa here: http://bit.ly/2t1ai6K
- Uncomplicated flat hierarchies, a culture of open and direct communication and honest feedback
- Competitive salary and 20 days paid vacation
- Office space in the heart of Cape Town, one of the world’s top destinations
- The Rhino Cafe, offering subsidized freshly ground coffee and gourmet meals