Recruiting Internship at Rhino Africa
Much like how Arthur pulled the sword from the stone and seized his destiny as King, we are on the lookout for the individual next in line to Rhino Africa's Recruiting Internship throne. Are you ready to take up the mantle and fill our travel and tech kingdom with only the best talent our local and international markets have to offer?
Our Recruiting Intern will work in a three-person Recruiting squad, integrated closely into our broader HR division and hiring for every department at Rhino Africa. Each day will involve interaction with Hiring Managers from every facet of the industry, from our CMO to our CTO, taking direction and mentorship from our Head of Recruiting. You will have the full support of an international crack team of designers, copywriters, filmmakers and social media wizards in everything that you do. The vacancies we fill at Rhino Africa range from Developers to Photographers to Travel Consultants - in your time on the internship throne you will learn the ins and outs of a digital industry leader! For an idea of what the role will be like, day to day, check out this interview with Natalie Bitton, your internship predecessor in all things Recruiting at Rhino Africa: http://bit.ly/2r23J6v
The Recruiting Internship will cover a broad range of responsibilities, which will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Working closely with our company recruiter to understand our HR requirements and to find the ideal candidates for open positions
- Maintaining, managing and developing our main recruiting platform (Workable) and our various recruitment channels such as LinkedIn, Careers24, etc.
- Organizing and administering communication with candidates for all available positions in the company
- Developing, scheduling and assessing standardized tests for potential candidates and carrying out first round interviews
- Scheduling second round interviews in dialogue with managers, based on candidate test results and first round interview observations
- Liaising with Western Cape schools, universities and associations in promoting the Rhino Africa brand for graduates
- Actively headhunting those candidates not reached via Rhino Africa's various advertising platforms
- Co-ordinating local and international advertising efforts across a range of channels
- Reporting on the performance of individual recruiting campaigns and using these analytics to drive subsequent efforts
- A degree in a relevant field of the Social Sciences like Psychology, Anthropology, Human Resource Management or similar is a must
- Any recruitment, administration or talent sourcing experience is a big plus
- You are proficient in all Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc), with a particular flair for spreadsheets and statistics
- You are organized, responsible, efficient and work well under time pressure
- You are skilled at analyzing people and understanding if they fit a job description
- You are outgoing, professional and communicate easily with candidates
- You show great attention to detail and have an excellent command of the English language
- You understand the concept of ‘cultural fit’ and how it applies to different departments in a business
- You feel confident in taking ownership of the recruiting process
- You are able to work independently and consider yourself a passionate, effective marketer
Please note that only South African citizens will be considered for this internship, and that preference will be given to PDI candidates. The start date required will be within the month of August 2017.
- THE RHINO CAFE: Whether it’s the life-giving cappuccinos or sinfully satisfying meals, the chefs at Rhino Café are on hand to give you the fuel injection you need to keep going. Grab a bite to eat, drop in for a chat, or simply pass through to catch a glimpse of the latest game.
- COMPENSATION: We don’t ask our Rhinos to work for free! Every intern receives a salary of R 3000 per month.
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: We’re constantly evolving, which means that there are always new positions opening up.
- DIVERSE CULTURE: Rhino Africa is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events.
- LIFE-LONG LEARNING: We understand the importance of our team members establishing themselves as leaders in their own right. We ensure that interns leave our offices with invaluable skills that will help them continue on their own paths to success.
- DIRECT MENTORSHIP: Every intern is assigned a mentor to guide them through the program. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.