Senior African Travel Consultant
Rhino Africa is on the hunt for a new Senior African Travel Consultant to join Africa’s leading online travel company. (That’s us by the way). They also call us the authority on African travel and claim that we're responsible for the most innovative approach to travel since the Wright brothers, but we’ll let the internet debate that. We’d like to invite you to join our family and step into our world. It’s a world where passion comes first and lights the way - a passion for Africa’s wildlife, people and places. We introduce our travellers to the most beautiful places in Africa, and through our success in promoting safari destinations, we're able to support conservation projects across the continent. Rhino Africa's bespoke HQ, where our consultants make clients' African dreams come true, is located in the urban jungle of Woodstock. Here, working with industry leaders, you will find wholehearted support, fantastic travel perks, a wonderful family culture and a love for great parties.
We are currently seeking a new Senior African Travel Consultant to join Rhino Africa's diverse and talented English sales team. To find out more about life at Rhino Africa, check out our latest spotlight article on our dream weavers and magic makers - our intrepid travel consultants!
As Rhino Africa's newest Senior African Travel Consultant, you will:
- Act as the first (and best!) point of contact for international clientele interested in booking tailor-made holidays and safaris on the continent
- Wow existing and potential clients with first-hand knowledge of African properties and destinations
- Prepare attractive quotations and itineraries that complement individual client expectations and budgets
- Effectively action the travel booking process at all levels (including booking hotel rooms, car rentals, lodges etc. as per customer confirmation)
- Collect client payments - ka-ching! - and approve supplier invoices for payment
- Provide customer support before, during and after travel - ensuring that Rhino Africa's clients remain Rhino Africa's clients
- Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets set by Rhino Africa's Sales Managers
We are looking for experienced African travel experts who fit the following profile:
- 3+ years of experience in a sales role for an African inbound tour operator
- In-depth knowledge of Southern African safari/luxury holiday destinations, including South Africa and surrounding destinations in Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, etc
- Experience selling other regions of Africa and Madagascar would be a plus!
Please note, strict preference will be given to historically disadvantaged South African individuals.
At Rhino Africa, you will:
- Join the fastest growing company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, commission, pension and 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas
- Kick back in our incredible, tailor-made HQ in the heart of Cape Town
- Make the most of exclusive access to our employee online travel portal - Roaming Rhinos. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport, and accommodation, including our own MannaBay and Silvan Safari Lodge!