Junior Python Developer
As Africa's leading online travel company (it's true - we've been recognized by the World Travel Awards for four years in a row!), the beating heart of Rhino Africa lies within our famous "Rhino Labs": an in-house web development agency that ensures our engagement with potential travelers in over 30 countries across the world, who browse our websites and find the inspiration to journey to our continent through desktop, mobile, tablet and everything inbetween. Try our sites for yourself and see if you don't get the travel bug:
Now, continuing the trend of digital disruption that has defined Rhino Africa's 13 year journey, the Rhino Labs are proud to announce their first ever vacancy for a Junior Python Developer. Take a look behind the scenes at the Rhino Labs here - one lucky candidate will join us on our biggest project yet, working with a multidisciplinary team consisting of some of the best programming minds from around the globe.
Our Junior Python Developer doesn't need to have built The Social Network: we are looking for someone with basic knowledge and understanding of object oriented programming, functional programming, data modeling and Service Oriented Architectures implementation (Web Services). With Django as a main backend framework, you will learn the best code practices in Python by putting your skills to use on a cutting edge international travel platform. Every day, you will get to watch users from all over the planet interact with your code.
In short, as a Junior Python Developer at Rhino Africa you will be directly involved at the back-end, in:
- Building Web Services, using the best SOA patterns in the industry
- Coding a reusable and highly extensible Python core that should interact with multiple third party systems
- Data tiering (in conjunction with our BI department, senior developers and architecture team)
- Developing and executing black and white box tests using a Test Driven Development approach
Our ideal candidate must:
- Have completed further education in a field of Computer Science or Information Systems, either online or at a tertiary institution. Any industry experience would be beneficial!
- Understand Python or any other OO programming language (Java, PHP, C#, etc.), as well as OO concepts
- Hold some knowledge of SQL and ORM (PostgreSQL would be a plus)
- Have an interest in Software Engineering as a career
- Pride themselves on a curious, data-driven, process-oriented and analytical approach to work (and life!)
Please note that only South African candidates can be considered for this position, and that strict preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals (PDIs).
- The Rhino Cafe: whether it’s the life-giving cappuccinos or sinfully satisfying meals, the chefs at Rhino Café are on hand to give you the fuel injection you need to keep going! Grab a bite to eat, drop in for a chat, or simply pass through to catch a glimpse of the latest game
- A competitive salary and 20 days paid vacation
- A culture of open and direct communication and honest feedback
- Office space in the heart of Cape Town, one of the world's top destinations
- The chance to work with a team of developers and designers built from the best minds in Europe, South America, South Africa and more
- Read more here...