Head of Communication
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a travel company in possession of the leading African safari company title, must be in want of a Head of Communication.
At Rhino Africa, our English wordsmiths are skilled at transposing luxurious safari destinations into masterpieces of travel writing. Generating content that is advertised across thirty countries around the world, producing multi-award-winning blogs, enticing communications and websites that inspire with a uniquely untold perspective of Africa, our in-house lyrical geniuses put words to our vision to be the authority on African travel!
As the ambition of our vision grows, so too does the size of our Rhino Crash. Now, we are in search of a Head of Communication who will play an integral role in leading our content creation team, coordinating our content creation efforts and brand identity across five-different languages, managing timelines and liaising with all relevant stakeholders from other departments including our Corporate Design, SEO, Social Media and Web Development teams.
The role will cover a broad range of responsibilities which will include, but not be limited to:
- Researching, writing, and editing engaging and accurate digital content – such as tours, hotel and destination reviews, and facts and information – across Rhino Africa’s numerous brands, websites, and platforms
- Working with the CMO to define and implement content development strategies across all languages
- Liaising with our CEO to transform our company’s purpose, vision and values into a consistent brand identity and tone of voice throughout all marketing channels.
- Drawing up and managing the editorial calendar for all languages ensuring that projects are completed in time and are in line with the company’s vision and communication style
- Working together with all language writers to ensure best quality through style, guidelines, and structures to convey our brand message across various media and channels
- Managing and mentoring writers and interns across our five business languages: English, German, French, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Utilising Google Analytics and other digital platforms to measure the success of content distribution
- Using various qualitative and quantitative tools to coordinate workflows and timelines for the content creation for all languages
- Liaising with different stakeholders from various teams such as SEO, Web Development, Systems Development, Sales and Product to manage expectations and deliverables
- Overseeing departmental recruiting
Our ideal Head of Communication will possess:
- BS/BA degree in a related field (communication, marketing, journalism or business majors)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a digital industry or related field, including the management of employees
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- An excellent grasp of (and flair for) English and one of our key foreign languages German, French, Spanish or Portuguese
- A basic understanding of SEO and Project Management is essential
- A good understanding of task management tools and Google Analytics is essential
- The ability to work independently and as a team player
- An immense love for the written word and for quality content
- An incurable case of wanderlust, passion for travel and African wildlife
- Strict attention to detail, and accurate spelling and grammar
Please note: Strict preference will be given to historically disadvantaged South African citizens
At Rhino Africa, you will:
- Join the fastest growing company in African travel and help us shape the future of our industry
- Make an impact - for every 7 people we bring to Africa, we create one permanent job in the tourism industry
- Earn an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base salary, pension and 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Enjoy heavily subsidized coffees and meals from our in-house chefs and baristas
- Kick back in our incredible, tailor-made HQ in Cape Town
- Make the most of exclusive access to our employee online travel portal - Roaming Rhinos. From breathtaking African experiences to getaways at our inspiring locations, you’ll receive up to 90% discount from 80 different partners and suppliers across 7 countries. You'll get to take advantage of rebates on activities, transport, and accommodation, including our own MannaBay and Silvan Safari Lodge!